MWC 24 Jewel 300m Automatic Military Divers Watch with Sapphire Crystal and Ceramic Bezel on a Steel Bracelet
SKU Code: SUB/SS/B/AB
This military divers watch in stainless steel with a matching bracelet and sapphire crystal and ceramic scratch resistant bezel is one of MWC's latest automatic (self winding) 24 jewel military divers watches. MWC originally produced the NATO strap variant of these watches for a procurement contract in South America, the watch represents excellent value and is very keenly priced for a high quality automatic watch of this type.
This watch measures 45mm including the crown and 40mm excluding the crown and uses the the same 20mm lug size as most other contemporary military issue divers watches.
If preferred the stainless steel bracelet can also be removed and a silicon strap or NATO band can be fitted in its place. There are also four images here showing the watch with the NATO strap and this model with a NATO strap as standard is available as an alternative.
Dimensions and Specification:
- 300m / 1000ft Water Resistant
- Movement 24 Jewel NH35A with 41 hour reserve
- Screwdown crown
- Screw Caseback
- Scratch Resistant Ceramic Bezel
- Sapphire Crystal*
- Width Inc Crown 45mm (Exc Crown 40mm)
- Thickness 15mm
- Crystal Diameter 31mm
- Lug to Lug 49mm
- Weight 170g
- Stainless Steel Bracelet
- 24 Month Warranty
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.